Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Fuzz~~

I have officially been logged into the computer system in Japan as having been checked for ID. We were looking at a map to check where exactly to go and this man w/ an Airport POLICE tag walked up to me and in Japanese asked if I spoke Japanese. I told him yes, and he then proceeded to ask if we lived in Japan and if we had any identification such as a passport. I told him that we didn't have our passports but we did have the Alien Registration Cards and would that work. He said of course and asked if he could write down the information from our cards. The whole thing probably lasted about 4-5 minutes but it was a little strange. We always have our cards w/ us, and I was previously told to always keep the card in my wallet b/c the police can ask for identification at any time--- but I never thought it would actually happen. It was a little embarrassing b/c people were staring and kinda whispering as they walked by, but the officer was nice and after writing down our information we parted with a polite thank you from both sides.

Oh the things that happen in Japan~~~

No comments: