Thursday, March 13, 2008

春が来た・・・・・・らしい

Spring is upon us here in Japan. I don't have to wear my huge winter coat anymore, which is really nice b/c it takes up a lot of room on the train. Yeah for SPRING!!!

So keeping in tradition with this blog, here is a picture of another tasty looking meal at the Saia-O'Neil household.

Spinach, Lotus root, Scallop Pasta! hmmmmmmmmmmmm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't had a lot of too interesting things to talk about b/c my life has been consumed with work, doing household chores, and trying to get to bed at a normal time. I've been trying to avoid the 3:00am nights...

So today I went out to run errands: the fruit/veggie stand, the post office, and the recycle place. On my way home I there suddenly appeared a cute little stand that wasn't there the day before. It was selling homemade mochi (pounded rice cake) with various types of sauce on top. One of the little old men was pounding the mochi himself!! It was fun to watch for a few minutes. I decided to buy some sweet bean paste flavored ones and almost scared the men when I ordered in Japanese---hehe. It made a rather yummy lunch.
The cute little stand ---> (i tried to a take a picture sneakily)

McDonald's has come out with a new McFlurry here: carmel and oreo. It was yummmmmy!!!
----> (notice my blinged out phone!!!)

Here are some other pictures as I was walking through the park to get to work today. They planted one of my favorite flowers, pansy.



The last bit for this blog is a picture of a present I got from one of my students. She has this glue that you can make things and then it becomes like a sticker. It was pretty cool and she gave me one today. awwwwww I love my students!
So that is it for this episode--- peace out ladies and gents (^-^)v

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post office picture is nice! The small mochi stand, old people doing their thing, and a little child on the very right edge sneakily looking on, just like the photographer; a very peaceful scene.