Sunday, March 2, 2008

Changing the calendar to March

Today was quite possibly one of the most productive days I've had in a long time. (^-^)V

I went shopping at Loft (my favorite department store) and discovered that they had an entire KAPIBARASAN section!!! I think I literally squeaked with happiness. Kapibarasan (spelled in English as Capybara) is a relatively new character that has come out. I have a small one that when you pull the Yuzu on the top the little thing vibrates and goes in a circle. It is kinda fun to play with and my kids really like it. I think it is so cute and such an interesting idea to take a real animal that is pretty cute and turn him into a really cute cartoon, thus now everyone flocks to Ueno Zoo to see the REAL Capybara (which i already have seen.. hehe). So I of course bought a few things, and a few postcards and then came home.
The real Capybara at Ueno Zoo.

The rest of the day was spent not doing a whole lot, but enjoying the quietness and relaxation. I haven't had a day like today in a long time and it was definitely long overdue.

Spring is popping up here and soon the Cherry Blossoms will be blooming! My student's father told me that there are some that are already 30% in bloom in the park by our school. I was surprised to hear this considering that they usually bloom at the end of March-beginning of April. Anyway, it is time to start carrying my camera with me at all times. I don't want to miss a chance at a good picture!

Here are some pictures I've been meaning to put up of the past few weeks or so:
Kozue and I at our monthly dinner! It is soo nice to have one night to get dressed up and go eat at a nice restaurant in Tokyo. I'm gonna miss those times when I go home.

1 comment:

SheilaBeila said...

OH MY GOSH IT'S KAPIBARA-SAN! I believe you are quite possibly obsessed with that animal. <3 sheilabeila