Monday, March 24, 2008

China town

A few weeks ago I went to Yokohama again, but this time it was to visit China town. We had such a fun time. I've never been to China and honestly I don't really have too much interest in going there at the moment for various reasons, but China town was fun. There were soooo many roasted chestnut vendors. You probably could've just walked around to all of them and had enough for an entire meal b/c they just give out free samples. It was a little bit of a bummer for me b/c I'm not a fan of chestnuts---- they can just stay in the song as far as I'm concerned (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire).

Apart from the chestnuts the other things that you will find plenty of in China town will be nikuman (meat roll) and pandas. China town has taken both of these and made---- dun dun dun dun dun dun----- a PANDA NIKUMAN!!
Notice anything a little odd about these pandas? Yes--- the colors are reversed. The Danpa is sooo cute though. Leah got the custard version and we all shared a little bit of it.
We then moved onto Panda World where we ate lunch at the cafeteria and browsed through the shops. Panda World was sooooooo cute. I restrained myself from buying a lot of things in that store--- hehe.

---> Me and the Danpa!!














My lunch was Wanton Soup with a little Japanese flair--- MELON SODA!!

We basically just walked around all afternoon, took pictures and ate a lot. I of course had some really yummy mango/vanilla ice cream cone!!! YUMMY YUMMY I restrained my shopping self mostly except for some really yummy Jasmine tea. The ladies who ran the store were really cute and I talked with them for a few minutes. It is definitely on my list of places to return before I head home to the US.

There was really only one thing about the whole day that was a little unnerving--- that would be the Communist hats for sale:
Why would you spend even 420 yen on something like this???

Some other interesting pictures:
Did you know that poo gives a fortune??? For 100yen you can find out yours!
yummmmmmmmmm Nikuman!!
Such ornate detail at the main shrine in the middle of China town.
And of course---- a VW dealer! Oh how i miss my little bug....

No comments: